St. Jerome Writing
Books on Biblical Interpretation
Date: 1996BS 476 .T534 1996
Interpreting the Bible
Date: 1996BS 476 .F57 1996
Look for these and other general works on interpretation and writing an exegesis in subclass BS 476.
Writing an Exegesis
An Exegesis is the process of guiding readers through a biblical text by using specific interpretive methods and tools.This guide is to provide you with information and resources to help you write an exegetical paper.
Writing an Exegesis requires:
- Selection of a biblical text
- Evaluation of the historical, cultural, and literary background
- What are the historical, cultural, economic and / or political settings?
- What themes and / or symbols are presented?
- How does the writing style help to convey the text's message or ideas?
- Interpretation and explanation of the text in its original context
- What is the message? What issues are raised?
- Who is the author of the passage? For what audience was it written?
- Relevance of what the text means for us today
Beran Library Hours
Fall and Spring Semester Hours:
Monday: 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm